International conference «Modernization of economics and social spheres in Russia and cis countries: quantitative research methods»
International Statistical Institute (ISI)
International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics (ISBIS)
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow, Russia
MODERNIZATION OF ECONOMICS AND SOCIAL SPHERES IN RUSSIA AND CIS COUNTRIES:
QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
December 4-6th, 2013
Our target is to provide the scientific exchange, integrate scientific and business activity, promote and develop modern ideas of statistical research of the ways and factors of economic and social development in Europe, Russia and CIS countries, as well as the influence of the vectors of this development on the European and world economic space. Stimulate the activity of young researchers; create conditions for implementing perspective scientific and research in practice.
The event will be conducted in the English language.
1. The role of statistics in forming the public policy of social and economic development nowadays.
2. Methodology of statistical analysis of economic development and social state formation.
3. Mathematical methods in financial market analysis.
4. Modern tools of mathematical methods in economics.
5. Modeling and forecasting industry development: statistical estimation.
6. Social development: statistical estimation of risks and forecasting.
7. International statistical comparison as the tool for developing the programs of global partnership.
PROGRAM includes plenary session, scientific sessions, master classes, competition of research projects.
We invite undergraduate and postgraduate students, young researchers, lecturers, specialists and practical researches of higher educational institutions to take part in the event, as well as everybody interested in the above mentioned topics.
· Participation with a report in conference sessions;
· Participation in master-classes;
· Participation as a visitor.
· Submitting the article to be published in conference proceedings.
· Participation in the competition of student research projects
(see Appendix 1)
Conference proceedings will be published in the English language.
The authors of the best reports and articles will be awarded prizes and certificates. The detailed paper guidelines can be found in Appendix 2.
To participate in the conference it is necessary:
1. Application forms can be submitted till November 1st, 2013.
2. Abstracts to the articles can be submitted till November 1st, 2013.
3. Articles can be submitted till November 20th, 2013.
4. Research projects can be submitted till November 20th, 2013.
Conference venue – Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
Address: Stremyanniy pereulok 36, Moscow.
Tel (499)-237-95-03 Elena Fedotova
COMPETITION OF RESEARCH PROJECTS
The competition of research projects “Analysis and forecast of business structures interaction on different economy levels in Russian and Euro-Asian space” is part of the conference. Senior Bachelor and Master students are invited to take part.
Research projects are submitted in the form of the essay in the English language due to the structure represented below. References to the information sources are compulsory.
Research project structure:
1. Current importance of the conducted research.
2. Research aims.
3. The characteristics and description of the database with the distinguished information blocks, groups of result and factor indices, their time and spatial specification should be indicated.
4. Information sources.
5. The main results of the research should be represented in the quantitative form (models, graphs, diagrams).
6. Target audience and possible users of the research results.
All submitted materials will be considered and evaluated by the members of competition expert committee. The work of expert committee is planned for the period November 20-29th, 2013. The winners will be announced and awarded in the days of the conference.
Abstract guidelines: use single-spacing, font type ‘Times New Roman’ and font size 12, the title should be in bold letters, title should be followed by the names of authors, organizational affiliation(s), name(s) of city and country, and
e-mail address for the contact author. The actual abstract should be no more than 400 words long. A list of keywords must be included after the text.
Paper guidelines: the paper can be prepared and submitted as a Word and PDF file with no security protection on the PDF file. Font and size: 12-point Times New Roman. Margins:
Research project essay: the essay can be prepared and submitted as a Word and PDF file with no security protection on the PDF file. Font and size: 12-point Times New Roman. Margins:
Abstracts, articles and essay should be submitted in the English language.
Educational degree: Bachelor, Master, Doctor
Research project submission