Chevening Scholarships in Kazakhstan are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Kazakhstan can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Defence and security
- Economic, energy, and green energy development
- Human rights
- Media and journalism
- Social development
How to apply
Applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships are now open. Please read the information on this page carefully prior to applying. Applications close on 3 November at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the 'apply' button on this page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master's course choices
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if already met the requirements)
- UK Master's university offer (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 14 July 2016.
Please note that if you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 14 July 2016 in order to remain in the process.
It is recommended that you read the guidance below to help you submit an eligible application.
What is included?
- university tuition fees (please note that there is a fee cap applied to MBA programmes which requires applicants to cover any additional cost over £18,000)
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grant
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Chevening is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organisations. Our partners contribute to Chevening in various ways, helping us to develop talented individuals from across the globe who will go on to be future leaders and decision makers.
The below partner organisations co-sponsor Chevening Awards in your country, enabling us to offer more Chevening Scholars the opportunity to study in the UK.
If your application is successful and you have applied to study a subject or degree programme supported by one of our partners, you will be considered for a co-sponsored Chevening Award.
Find out more about our partner organisations, the areas of study they support and why they have committed to supporting Chevening in your country by reading their profiles.
- Bangor University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- Durham University
- Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Birmingham
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Cambridge
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leeds
- University of Reading
- University of Salford
- University of South Wales
- University of Southampton
Department of International Cooperation